Monday, August 6, 2012

Michael Podesta

So the next artist does a type of art that I love but have not yet looked at in this blog: Calligraphy. Michael Podesta is a calligrapher and when I was looking at his work I think I actually recognized some of his pieces (though I did not previously know it was he who had done them). 

Alleluia
I love, love, love calligraphy! I am not exactly sure why. I know I love words, so when the meaning AND the form of the words can be beautiful, that makes my little heart really happy! I think I also just like the fact that even things that are often so plain like words and letters, can be formed in a way that makes them art, in and of themselves. 

Ask


Christmas Tree


Not only does Podesta do calligraphy and transform the letters and words into artistic forms, but he expresses ideas that are near and dear to him. Many of his works (all of the works featured in this blog) have to do with his faith. I like that. I like that he combines those two passions in his life. Too often I am worried about what others around me will think, so I try to keep my artwork "neutral" and "politically correct," but I like that Podesta does not care about that, and does combine his artwork with what he believes.






Joy
http://www.michaelpodesta.com/About-Us-4.html <-- Check it out!

-Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment