Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Jen Stark

LAST ONE!!!
Alright so for my last artist I figured I would need to go out with a bang, and who better to do that than Jen Stark and her fantastic explosions (often of color)?


Counter Cosmo
So on her website, she has drawings and animation "pieces" on display, too, but I was like "Shoot! I love her sculptures and it will be her sculptures this blog looks at!" So let's look!

First off, as anyone would guess who knows me or who has read almost any of my blogs, I love color, and THESE HAVE SO MUCH COLOR!
Microscopic Entrance
Who would have thought about taking a ton of colored paper and making sculptures out of it like she did? I like the form of the sculptures and the rhythm and pattern in them. Their 3D quality complements the bold color schemes nicely.
Radial Reverie
 I so wish I could see these in real life and be able to look at them from angles other than what the pictures show. I would really want to touch them, though. It would be like when you have a book and run your thumb across the pages as they flip from back to front,... and back again.
Sunken Sediment
 I could not find it on the site I was looking at for her, but I want to know why? Why this, why this paper, why these colors? How did she come up with this idea?
Speed of Light
Anyways, I actually have enjoyed looking at all these different artists this past summer, and hope you did and will do, too. Signing off. :)
-Maria

http://www.jenstark.com/index.php  <-- check it out!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment