Monday, August 20, 2012

Jeffrey Robert

Hehehe, so I am rather excited that I found this artist. Jeffrey Robert is an artist who specializes in the medium of, wait for it.....crayons!! How awesome is that?! I know I have heard at least one time someone saying that crayons are not a legitimate medium, and at the time I was a bit indignant cuz I did NOT agree with that statement. In highschool I was taking an art class and we had some exercise to do in our sketchbooks and we could use any medium we wanted. Usually I would use colored pencils or something more "official" like that, but this time I used crayons, and it turned out really well. I made legitimate, good art with that medium! And Jeffrey Robert uses that same, legitimately good medium for his professional pieces, too!

Covered Parking
According to his website, he makes the drawings with the crayons and then customizes the label on a crayon to be the nameplate of the piece!
Dreamsicle
Look at those details!! I cannot imagine how often he had to sharpen his crayons. I think the smooth texture of the crayon adds to the pieces, too.
Tahiti

Just Add Water
Look at all those details again! I think it is often assumed you cannot achieve good detail or quality with crayons, but these pieces certainly seem to disprove that theory!

-Maria

http://www.thecrayonartist.com/categories/ABOUT-CRAYON-COLLECTIBLES-/Personalized-Beach-Art/

http://www.jeffreyrobert.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment