Saturday, August 11, 2012

Lianne Issa

Continuing on with the graphite artists, the next one I want to look at is Lianne Issa. Boy is her work life-like!
Jennifer Aniston
Her attention to detail is probably my favorite part. Especially the way she depicts the eyes in "Little Girl Winter" and "Window To The Soul"; they look so real! She captures the smooth, glossyness of eyes, the soft wisps of hair, wrinkles of the skin and eye lid, and even the form and wrinkles in lips. Gosh! I have such issues with drawing lips and mouths, and Issa does it so well!
Little Girl Winter

Snowy Nose
Even in "Snowy Nose" she is able to make a clear difference between the black and whites of the background, and the black and whites of the wolf in the foreground. The textures in the fur of the wolf definitely helps clarify the difference.
Window To The Soul
In her website, she says that she does "strive for an element of photo realism" while still making sure her "drawings look like drawings." She does seem to do that. Though some of her drawings still look a heck of a lot  more like photographs than drawings!

I love drawings and paintings with SUCH details that they look photo realistic, but when I try to achieve that, I find myself getting tired of the tedious attention to detail for the entire drawing. I might have really good detail in one corner of the drawing, but lose motivation to spend that much time for the rest of the drawing. But all that work and time really does pay off!

-Maria

http://www.lianneissa.com/#!

No comments:

Post a Comment